Questions & Answers on Eco-Houses
Beneath you can find some frequent questions asked on eco-houses:
What is an ECO House?
- Our houses are built with traditional materials such as bricks, mortar, windows, doors etc., but they are designed and built to be comfortable throughout the year, warm in winter and cool in summer, to save energy and precious natural resources, and to save you money year after year.
- They are not built from mud, sticks and straw, which are very ecological, however, not very practical or secure in urban and residential settings. Our houses are built to withstand the extreme hot, cold, and wet weather conditions that typically occur in southern Europe.
- The building methods and materials used ensure that the minimal natural resources are used and that the designs fit into the local landscape and have a low impact on the environment.
Why choose an ECO House?
- The houses can save you upto 80% on your energy bills, meaning thousands of Euros back into your pocket year after year.
- The build quality is set to the same high standards you will find in northern European countries such as England, Germany and Scandinavia. This means they are built to protect from the effects of extreme weather conditions such as mold and damp in winter and expansion cracks and overheating in summer.
- Because they are energy efficient, they use less energy meaning less impact on the earth’s natural resources, leaving you to live a clean, conscious free lifestyle.
- The designs can be modified or extended to your requirements. Or if you prefer we can design you a bespoke house. A 100m2 ECO house can cost the same or less than a traditional house that is non ECO, not insulated and inefficient.
What do the houses include?
- Full licenses, including building permits and building control, authorized and issued by the local town hall.
- Architects drawings and full project plans.
- Project management of the entire build from start to finish with progress reports and interim certificates.
- Materials and labour to completion. The houses will include foundations, internal and external walls, roof, internal and external rendering, tiled floors, PVC double glazed external windows and doors, internal doors, solar panel water heating system, internal and external painting and plumbing and electrical installations upto mains connection.
- The houses will be delivered to you turnkey (keys in hand) with complete rights and legal title upon completion and signing at the notary.
- Triple glazed PVC security windows and doors
- Biomass central heating and hot water systems
- Rainwater capture and storage
- Solar / wind energy electricity and heat generation
- Fitted modern kitchens and bathrooms
How do I buy one?
- Select one of the existing house designs or tell us if you would like a bespoke house.
- Select one of the many plots that we have available all around the region.
- A contract will be signed confirming all details and agreements with a 10% deposit.
- Staged payments will be made upon completion of agreed building milestones.
- Payments will only be made on presentation of stage completion certificates and presented to your nominated bank or lawyer.
- Upon completion of the build, the signing before a Notary will finalise the operation and you will become the legal and proud owner of your new ECO home.